Air India in tie-up with Sharjah`s Aerostar for engine MRO
Mumbai: National air-carrier, Air India,
has entered into a strategic alliance with Sharjah-based
Aerostar Asset Management to provide engine repair and
management solutions to airline operators across the
The alliance for engine MRO would work under the brand
The A Team.
A marketing agreement was recently executed between
the two companies and the brand will be formally launched at
the Dubai Air show to be held during November 15-19, a company
press release said here today.
Aerostar Asset Management is a company promoted by the
ETA Star Group which has a strong presence in the Middle-East.
Aerostar has been involved in jet engine management
for various customers since 2005.
A Team will utilise the existing engine overhaul
facilities of Air India at Mumbai and marketing set up of
Aerostar in the Middle-East, the release said.
The alliance would sell repair services for jet
engines such as GE CF6-50 and 80 series, P&W 4000 series,
GE-90 series and CFM56-7 series and would also cover CFM56-5
series engine in the near future, the release said.
Air India`s Engine Overhaul facility, established in
1966, has been catering to third-party MRO services since
The facility is approved by Director General of Civil
Aviation, India, Federal Aviation Administration, USA, and
European Aviation Safety Agency. It is also an ISO rated
The alliance would provide practical and
cost-effective solutions for engine repair management which
will result in reduced cost of ownership for engines
operators, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch