Air India in tie-up with Sharjah`s Aerostar for engine MRO
Mumbai: National air-carrier, Air India,
has entered into a strategic alliance with Sharjah-based
Aerostar Asset Management to provide engine repair and
management solutions to airline operators across the
The alliance for engine MRO would work under the brand
The A Team.
A marketing agreement was recently executed between
the two companies and the brand will be formally launched at
the Dubai Air show to be held during November 15-19, a company
press release said here today.
Aerostar Asset Management is a company promoted by the
ETA Star Group which has a strong presence in the Middle-East.
Aerostar has been involved in jet engine management
for various customers since 2005.
A Team will utilise the existing engine overhaul
facilities of Air India at Mumbai and marketing set up of
Aerostar in the Middle-East, the release said.
The alliance would sell repair services for jet
engines such as GE CF6-50 and 80 series, P&W 4000 series,
GE-90 series and CFM56-7 series and would also cover CFM56-5
series engine in the near future, the release said.
Air India`s Engine Overhaul facility, established in
1966, has been catering to third-party MRO services since
The facility is approved by Director General of Civil
Aviation, India, Federal Aviation Administration, USA, and
European Aviation Safety Agency. It is also an ISO rated
The alliance would provide practical and
cost-effective solutions for engine repair management which
will result in reduced cost of ownership for engines
operators, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks