AirAsia to launch six new routes to India
Mumbai: Malaysia-based budget air-carrier, AirAsia, today said it plans to launch six new routes between India and Malyasia over the next two quarters.
The new cities that the air-carrier plans to add to its existing network, include Delhi and Mumbai, a company press release said here.
The airline will start daily flights to New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai in the second and third quarters of this year, it said.
All six routes will be operated daily, except Kuala Lumpur-Mumbai, which would be four times a week.
AirAsia would launch a flight between Penang and Chennai on April 28 while the Kuala Lumpur-Mumbai air service would commence operations from May 6, the release said.
Besides, flights to Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and New Delhi are planned to be launched between May and August.
"We are proud to position Kuala Lumpur as the gateway to India and at the same time it is India`s gateway to ASEAN. We have received an over-whelming response for our existing routes from Kuala Lumpur to India," AirAsia Group Chief Executive Officer Tony Fernandes said.
The airline operates a total of 148 flights weekly from four Indian cities--Trichy, Kolkata, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid