Aircel inks tower-sharing deal with BSNL
New Delhi: Telecom service provider Aircel on Thursday said it has signed a 10-year tower-sharing agreement with state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL).
Aircel, which currently has about 32,000 base stations,
will now have access to approximately 45,000 BSNL towers
across all its circles.
It did not disclose financial details of the deal.
Aircel is a part of Malaysia`s Maxis Communications and
has a subscriber base of over 24 million users. It is present
in 18 telecom circles and has licence for a pan-India roll
"Aircel will now have access to strategically located
sites across BSNL`s 21 circles (excluding Mumbai and Delhi).
Leveraging BSNL`s passive infrastructure will help Aircel meet
its aggressive network roll out plans in addition to reducing
operational cost," Aircel Chief Operating Officer Gurdeep
Singh said in a statement.
Kuldeep Goyal, CMD, BSNL added, “We are happy to partner
with Aircel. BSNL has a strong nationwide coverage and offers
the best value proposition in the Indian telecom market. Our
objective is to provide quality and reliable service and
thereby increase our partner`s confidence”.
Tata Teleservices yesterday announced a 15-year
infrastructure-sharing deal with the state-run telco, which
has pan-India operations (except Delhi and Mumbai).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details