Aircel to launch BlackBerry services in India
New Delhi: Telecom operator Aircel today
announced that it has partnered with Canada`s Research In
Motion (RIM) to launch BlackBerry services for its customers
in the country.
Aircel will leverage its local presence and Redington`s
retail distribution channel to offer BlackBerry services to
the customers in major cities across India, the company said
in a statement.
The services would be available in Mumbai, Delhi,
Kolkata, Chennai and in rest of Tamil Nadu apart from Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka.
"We have gained significant momentum in expanding our
operations in India and the launch of the BlackBerry solution
is of strategic importance for the company`s growth," Aircel
Chief Operating Officer Gurdeep Singh said.
He said the company would introduce a wide range of
BlackBerry smart phones on the Aircel network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says