Airtel offers STD, local calls at 50 paisa per minute
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel on Friday announced offering both local and STD calls at a flat rate of 50 paisa per minute to its 110 million subscribers.
The `Airtel Advantage` initiative is aimed at offering the added advantage to this significantly vast Airtel community to be in touch with each other at a remarkably affordable rate of 50 paisa per minute-– be it a national long distance call (STD) or a local call, the company release said.
"The Airtel customer community of over 110 million enjoys the special and exclusive benefits of being on the largest Network of over 100,000 towers and availability across 1.5 million outlets making it the most compelling service to be on," Bharti Airtel Mobile Services President Atul Bindal said.
"Airtel Advantage is a further step to reward all our valued customers. We launch the Airtel Advantage of 50 paise calling benefit to all our customers across the country," he added.
Airtel has the largest telecom network and distribution in India covering 4.25 lakhs towns and villages. With more than 100,000 BTS sites and over 1.5 mn retail and distribution outlets, the brand reaches out to nearly every corner of the country.
The Indian market currently has over 400 million mobile subscribers out of which nearly every fourth customer is on the Airtel networks.
"Our consumer usage analysis indicates that over 95 percent of Airtel mobile customers make a local call or STD call to another Airtel mobile number.
"Also with increased urbanisation and migration from distant parts of the country to the cities, long distance calling has been on the rise across the country. Therefore, the ‘Airtel Advantage’ Plan will serve as a tremendous value proposition to the large Airtel community of over 110 million customers," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India