Airtel offers STD, local calls at 50 paisa per minute
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel on Friday announced offering both local and STD calls at a flat rate of 50 paisa per minute to its 110 million subscribers.
The `Airtel Advantage` initiative is aimed at offering the added advantage to this significantly vast Airtel community to be in touch with each other at a remarkably affordable rate of 50 paisa per minute-– be it a national long distance call (STD) or a local call, the company release said.
"The Airtel customer community of over 110 million enjoys the special and exclusive benefits of being on the largest Network of over 100,000 towers and availability across 1.5 million outlets making it the most compelling service to be on," Bharti Airtel Mobile Services President Atul Bindal said.
"Airtel Advantage is a further step to reward all our valued customers. We launch the Airtel Advantage of 50 paise calling benefit to all our customers across the country," he added.
Airtel has the largest telecom network and distribution in India covering 4.25 lakhs towns and villages. With more than 100,000 BTS sites and over 1.5 mn retail and distribution outlets, the brand reaches out to nearly every corner of the country.
The Indian market currently has over 400 million mobile subscribers out of which nearly every fourth customer is on the Airtel networks.
"Our consumer usage analysis indicates that over 95 percent of Airtel mobile customers make a local call or STD call to another Airtel mobile number.
"Also with increased urbanisation and migration from distant parts of the country to the cities, long distance calling has been on the rise across the country. Therefore, the ‘Airtel Advantage’ Plan will serve as a tremendous value proposition to the large Airtel community of over 110 million customers," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs