Ajax hit five against Heerenveen to go top
Rotterdam: A dominant Ajax Amsterdam cruised to a 5-1 home win over Heerenveen to regain the lead in the Dutch league Sunday.
Striker Kolbeinn Sightorsson broke the deadlock eight minutes before the interval with his first goal for champions Ajax though seconds later Heerenveen`s Viktor Elm set up Bas Dost for the equaliser.
Toby Alderweireld restored the lead for the home side before the break with a 30-metre drive, while Derk Boerrigter, Miralem Sulejmani and Gregory van der Wiel completed the rout in the second half.
After two matches and two wins, Ajax are top on goal difference from arch rivals Feyenoord, who beat Roda JC Kerkrade 3-0 Saturday.
Twente Enschede, 2-0 winners against AZ Alkmaar Saturday, are third also with maximum points.
Heracles Almelo came from behind to beat NAC Breda 2-1 while Utrecht fought back for a 2-2 draw against Graafschap Doetinchem, who enjoyed a two-goal lead after goals from Rydell Poepon and Soufian El Hassnaoui.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state