AJSU announces 7 candidates for WB assembly polls
Ranchi: AJSU on Monday announced names of 7
candidates for the fifth and sixth phases of assembly polls in
West Bengal scheduled on May 7 and May 10.
The party`s Parliamentary Board approved the names
after its West Bengal unit recommended the names, AJSU
vice-president Praveen Prabhakar told reporters here.
The contestants for the first phase of polling are
Kartik Bauri (Raghunathpur-SC), Satyawati Rajwar (Para-SC),
Lankeswar Kisku (Maanbazaar-ST), Asit Baran Mahto (Kashipur),
while contestants for the second phase are Harihar Tudu
(Bandowan-ST), Sukant Mahto (Balrampur) and Rakesh Mahto
"We will announce 8 more candidates later," Prabhakar
Previously known as All Jharkhand Students Union
during the Jharkhand movement, the Election Commission had
recognised AJSU as a party in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference