Al qaeda advertises online seeking suicide bombers
London: Advertisements have appeared on several jihadist web forums with al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula offering training for suicide bombers to target the US, Israel and France, a media report said on Thursday.
The advertisements ask for volunteers to get in touch via e-mail with details about their own experience and proposed targets, and were posted on a variety of jihadist forums, including Al-Fidaa, Shmoukh al-Islam and Honein.
"The aim of this training is to continue with our brothers who are seeking to carry out operations that make for great killing and slaughtering of the enemies of Islam," the advertisement attributed to Yemen-based al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.
"It is clear now that the individual jihad, or what is called the lone wolf, has become more widespread and its features have started showing, in summary, it is a complete jihadist operation to be carried out by a single bomber," the ad said.
The ad said that the targets of the attacks were "those who are fighting the Muslims and Islam" and specifically pointed to "economic, military and media interests of the enemy."
"Their identity must be, according to priority, American, Israeli, French and British," the ad said of the volunteers.
Al Qaeda and its regional offshoots often use jihadist Internet forums to post statements claiming responsibility for attacks, and to communicate with followers.
A number of top al Qaeda leaders have been killed in the US drone strikes recently.
On Monday al Qaeda`s second-in-command Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed in a CIA drone strike in Pakistan.
Al-Libi was targeted in a pre-dawn US drone strike in North Waziristan, a Taliban and al-Qaeda stronghold along the Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video