Albanian agrees to take over Bologna
Milan: Bologna`s owners have agreed to sell their controlling stake in the Serie A club to Albanian oil businessman Rezart Taci, they said.
"Aktiva Spa... has reached an agreement to sell the controlling stake in Bologna FC to a company headed by Rezart Taci," read a statement on club`s website.
"The agreement will be finalised in the first week of August."
Aktiva Spa is the company through which the family of president Francesca Menarini controls the seven times Italian champions, who scraped to safety in May having returned to the top flight after three years.
The Menarini family are selling up after angering fans by talking to disgraced former Juventus director Luciano Moggi about a possible consultancy role at the club.
Moggi has been banned from football for five years for his role in Italy`s 2006 match-fixing scandal, in which Juve were demoted to Serie B, and the prospect of him working with Bologna quickly evaporated when the news came out.
AS Roma have also been linked to a sale to foreign buyers in recent years, but talks with a Swiss consortium broke down last month after US billionaire investor George Soros pulled out of negotiations in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics