Alberto Contador submits defense documents in doping case
Paris: Three-times Tour de France champion Alberto Contador has submitted documents which he says prove that a piece of contaminated meat is to blame for his failed dope test, a source close to the Spaniard said on Friday.
The source, who is not authorized to speak publicly about the case and therefore declined to be named, told Reuters Contador handed over all “necessary documents” to the Spanish federation on Friday.
Contador, who failed a test for the banned anabolic agent clenbuterol during this year’s Tour, could lose his title if found guilty by the Spanish federation, who are expected to announce a decision within three months.
The 27-year-old Contador, one of only five men with victories in all three grand Tours (France, Italy and Spain), could face a two-year ban from the sport.
He said on Thursday he would consider quitting the sport if he was suspended after claiming he ate a piece of Spanish meat that was contaminated by the stimulant clenbuterol before his positive test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read