Alice Springs in Oz is haven for lesbians!
Melbourne: Blokes looking for a "lesbian city" in Sweden should now turn their heads towards Australia, for the town of Alice Springs is being promoted as the lesbian gem of the country.
Phil Walcott from Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia said that Alice Springs is the lesbian capital of the nation because of its high per-capita residency, according to the Northern Territory News.
"Alice is a wonderland," News.com.au quoted Walcott as saying.
His comments come in line with reports that Swedish tourism bodies have been bombarded with inquiries from tourists captivated by a mythical town rumoured to be home to 25,000 sex-mad lesbians.
Following reports in Chinese press, millions of men jammed the country`s internet circles to look for the whereabouts of the town of Chako Paul City in Sweden.
"I`ve no idea where this came from but it`s not true," Swedish local authorities`` spokesman Claes Bertilson said of the rumoured "lesbian city".
While the rumours of the fictitious city were laid to rest, the same cannot be said for Alice Springs.
A recent television documentary called Destiny in Alice said the town became a "haven" for lesbians after several hundred women marched on the Pine Gap intelligence base in 1983.
"Many of the participants in the protests were lesbians who came, saw and decided to stay. Since then, the town of Alice Springs has become a haven for lesbians," said the ABC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional