Aliens, zombies try to break `Thriller` record
Atlanta: It wasn`t under the moonlight, and it wasn`t quite the funk of 40,000 years. But 900 zombies, aliens and Star Wars Stormtroopers boogeying to Michael Jackson`s `Thriller` might be a sight that almost stops your heart.
The masquerade of sci-fi faithful performed Michael Jackson`s signature "Thriller" music video dance routine on Sunday. And if officials approve, they will have set a new Guinness World Record.
The crowd turned out in a downtown Atlanta hotel ballroom during Dragon Con, which is billed as the country`s largest convention dedicated to science fiction, fantasy, gaming, comics and more.
The iconic video played on a huge video screen as a Jackson lookalike channeled the pop star in red jeans, a red leather jacket, and white socks and black penny loafers.
The current record was set in May by a group of 242 College of William & Mary students who performed the routine in Williamsburg, Va., according to Guinness World Records.
Dragon Con special events director Mandy Collier expects a decision this week on whether a record was set.
More than 12,000 people claimed they broke the record in front of Mexico City`s Monument of the Revolution on Aug. 29, which would have been Jackson`s 51st birthday.
However, the record was not accepted by Guinness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India