All booths to be connected through web casting technology
Puducherry: Election authorities today said
arrangements for connecting all polling booths here through
`web casting technology` have been made to ensure the entire
polling process on April 13, except vote casting would be
monitored by Returning officers and Chief Electoral Officer.
Chief Electoral Officer Belatee Pertin said in a release
today this was the first time that such web casting was being
set up. Around 595 students from engineering and polytechnic
colleges and 273 computer instructors would attend to the duty.
Poll data would be captured from polling stations directly
through real time poll monitoring system, a specially designed
software, for immediate compilation of poll statistics.
Puducherry and three outlying regions of Karaikal, Mahe and
Yanam would go to one day poll on Wednesday. The CEO said 152
of a total of 867 polling booths in Puducherry have been
identified as sensitive. Micro Observers had been appointed to
keep a close vigil on poll proceedings inside these booths.
As many as 4,203 polling personnel have been deployed for
Pertin said a mock poll with a minimum of 100 votes would
be held in the presence of the agents of political parties in
booths. Contesting candidates have been asked to ensure their
agents are present at the booths by 6.30 AM on polling day.
As many as 1035 complaints were received. Three cases of
paid news were registered and notices served on candidates
concerned. A total of 155 cases of violation of model code of
conduct were received and forwarded to Election Commission.
Adequate police personnel,including 10 companies of Central
para military force have been deployed in all four regions,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan