All Commonwealth Games projects on course: Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: Seeking to allay apprehensions about organising the Commonwealth Games, Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy today said all projects were on course to host the prestigious sporting event.
“Everything is under control, everything is on course. I can say this with authority,” Reddy said when asked about CWG Federation President Michael Fennel seeking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s intervention to put things in order.
He was speaking at the India Today Conclave. Noting that he “did not want to downplay anything”, the Minister said he can assure “the whole nation that everything is okay ... It is not only Delhi’s pride but also the entire country’s pride to host this event”.
Not satisfied with the preparations for the event, Fennell has shot off a letter to Games’ Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi asking him to arrange a meeting with the Prime Minister the next month.
“With only a year to run until the Games, I feel I must personally brief the Prime Minister of India on the lack of preparations and to seek his input in developing an appropriate recovery plan,” wrote Fennell.
“I am looking forward to some urgent actions in order to bring about the successful celebration of the Games in 2010,” Fennell wrote.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'