All Commonwealth Games projects on course: Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: Seeking to allay apprehensions about organising the Commonwealth Games, Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy today said all projects were on course to host the prestigious sporting event.
“Everything is under control, everything is on course. I can say this with authority,” Reddy said when asked about CWG Federation President Michael Fennel seeking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s intervention to put things in order.
He was speaking at the India Today Conclave. Noting that he “did not want to downplay anything”, the Minister said he can assure “the whole nation that everything is okay ... It is not only Delhi’s pride but also the entire country’s pride to host this event”.
Not satisfied with the preparations for the event, Fennell has shot off a letter to Games’ Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi asking him to arrange a meeting with the Prime Minister the next month.
“With only a year to run until the Games, I feel I must personally brief the Prime Minister of India on the lack of preparations and to seek his input in developing an appropriate recovery plan,” wrote Fennell.
“I am looking forward to some urgent actions in order to bring about the successful celebration of the Games in 2010,” Fennell wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days