All the three Indian boxers win gold in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian boxing trio of Chhote Lal, Suranjoy Singh and Amandeep Singh further swelled country`s medal tally on the penultimate day when each of them clinched gold in their respective categories at the 11th South Asian Games.
Chhote Lal bagged gold in 57kg category, while Suranjoy and Amandeep won in 51kg and 48kg categories, respectively.
With the top pugilists busy preparing for this year`s Commonwealth Games, India fielded only three in boxing contest and all of them returned with gold to end their campaign on a high.
Amandeep defeated Mohammad Aref of Afghanistan for the top honour in the light flyweight category. Mohammad Mashur Rahman of Bangladesh and Nadir of Pakistan claimed the bronze medals.
India bagged the second gold when Suranjoy beat Mohammad Waseem of Pakistan in flyweight section. Nepalese Laxman Shaut and Kinley of Bhutan took away the bronze medals.
Chhote Lal then proved too strong for his Bangladeshi opponent Mohammad Faysal Mollah and rounded off the tally.
Saman Priyadarshan of Sri Lanka and Khawajah Khalid of Afghanistan took the bronze medals in that section.
Competitions were also held in 54kg, 60kg and 64kg where the gold medals were claimed by Naimatullah (Pakistan), Mohammad Jewel Ahmed Jony (Bangladesh) and Mohammad Abdur Rahim (Bangladesh), respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened