All venues ready, India eyeing 75 medals: Lalit Bhanot
New Delhi: CWG organising committee secretary
general Lalit Bhanot on Thursday said all the venues are complete
and they are ready to host not only the next month`s
Commonwealth Games but also Olympics.
"All the Games venues are ready and the International
bodies have also certified that they are fit to host events,"
"There was delay in the construction of these venues but
they are now completely ready and are of world class standard.
These stadiums can host events like the Olympics and world
championships," he added.
Bhanot also hoped that India will improve on its previous
performance at Melbourne Games.
"In the Melbourne Games we won 52 medals and secured the
fourth position. That was the best Indian tally but this time
we hope to get the third spot with around 75 medals," he said.
"In athletics we won two silvers in Melbourne. This year
we hope for six to eight medals," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev