All venues ready, India eyeing 75 medals: Lalit Bhanot
New Delhi: CWG organising committee secretary
general Lalit Bhanot on Thursday said all the venues are complete
and they are ready to host not only the next month`s
Commonwealth Games but also Olympics.
"All the Games venues are ready and the International
bodies have also certified that they are fit to host events,"
"There was delay in the construction of these venues but
they are now completely ready and are of world class standard.
These stadiums can host events like the Olympics and world
championships," he added.
Bhanot also hoped that India will improve on its previous
performance at Melbourne Games.
"In the Melbourne Games we won 52 medals and secured the
fourth position. That was the best Indian tally but this time
we hope to get the third spot with around 75 medals," he said.
"In athletics we won two silvers in Melbourne. This year
we hope for six to eight medals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics