‘Allergic man’ can’t touch his ‘creamy’ wife!
London: A man in Britain suffers from a very weird problem – whenever he tries to get close to his wife he ends up running away.
Darren Young has an allergy with the chemical, known as polyethylene glycol, which is generally found in body creams.
Any contact of the 45-year-old from Sprotbrough, South Yorkshire with the chemical results in body swells.
So, he can only come in physical contact with his wife Sue when she is free of all creams.
"When it comes to bedtime Sue doesn`t need a headache as an excuse. She just says she has been using body lotion and it might kill me,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
He added: "It`s not just Sue - I can get a reaction if I go into a pub or a restaurant where a woman has been sitting. The doctors don`t really know why it has suddenly happened."
Darren had first learnt that he suffered from the allergy when he was given a steroid injection containing polyethylene glycol for some foot problem.
During the instance he had to be resuscitated after his face swelled up, and his heart stopped beating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'