Alok to take on Aditya for National Snooker title
Chennai: Gaint-killer Alok Kumar and Aditya Mehta set up the title clash of 78th National Snooker championship after scoring contrasting semifinal wins.
In their respective semi-finals on Tuesday morning, Mumbai`s Aditya overwhelmed Karnataka`s IH Manudev 5-0 in straight frames while Alok of Punjab had to bring his experience into play to down a fighting Neeraj Kumar of Railways 5-3.
The final is to be held later on Tuesday and will be decided on best of 11 frames.
Aditya did not strain much to down a subdued Manudev, who was missing even sitters playing the first semi-final of his career.
"It is not every day that you can score a century but I was more focused on consistency and score points at every opportunity. I did not play all that well, but I am happy that I am in the final for the second time since 2008 when I lost to Pankaj Advani and am keen on winning the one title that I dearly want," Aditya said.
On the other hand, Alok Kumar, who has in the past won every title in cue-sport, was given a tough time by Neeraj Kumar, who won two successive frames with fluency.
Neeraj was trailing by just six points with 13 on board but missed the last pink on the table, which Alok Kumar sliced to left extreme pot to wrap up the match.
The results (semi-finals): Aditya Mehta (PSPB) bt IH Manudev (Kar) 5-0: 65-05, 67-12, 79-6, 70-34, 64-16; Alok Kumar (PSPB) bt Neeraj Kumar (Railways) 5-3: 34-86, 78-40, 75-10, 74-16, 56-50, 36-63, 55-63, 61-49.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi