Alonso takes pole for Singapore GP
Singapore: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso has taken the pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Alonso took his second straight Formula One pole, beating out Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel on the Marina Bay circuit Saturday.
The McLaren pair of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button qualified third and fourth, ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, giving the top five drivers in the championship standings the top five spots on the grid in Sunday`s race.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa will start from last on the grid after his car had a gearbox problem before he could set a time in the first qualifying session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder