Alonso takes pole for Singapore GP
Singapore: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso has taken the pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Alonso took his second straight Formula One pole, beating out Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel on the Marina Bay circuit Saturday.
The McLaren pair of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button qualified third and fourth, ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, giving the top five drivers in the championship standings the top five spots on the grid in Sunday`s race.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa will start from last on the grid after his car had a gearbox problem before he could set a time in the first qualifying session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites