Alonso takes pole for Singapore GP
Singapore: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso has taken the pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Alonso took his second straight Formula One pole, beating out Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel on the Marina Bay circuit Saturday.
The McLaren pair of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button qualified third and fourth, ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, giving the top five drivers in the championship standings the top five spots on the grid in Sunday`s race.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa will start from last on the grid after his car had a gearbox problem before he could set a time in the first qualifying session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'