Alstom may partner BHEL-NPCIL joint venture
New Delhi: State-run BHEL is believed to have finalised France`s Alstom as the technological partner for its proposed joint venture with Nuclear Power Corporation of India to undertake nuclear power projects.
"The global technology partner in the proposed BHEL-NPCIL JV in all likelihood would be Alstom," a source close to the
Alstom`s induction is likely to be formally announced
next month. The technological partner may be offered equity in
the JV, but details were not available.
State-run power equipment maker BHEL and NPCIL signed an
agreement in April 2008 to form a joint venture for providing
engineering, procurement and construction services in nuclear
BHEL is focusing on nuclear power generation and is
exploring technology tie-ups for manufacturing turbine and
generator sets. The turbines would be manufactured at the
company`s Bhopal unit.
The company is manufacturing nuclear heat exchangers for
the JV company, which has already tied-up with GE-Hitachi for
making nuke reactors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know