Alva takes oath as Uttarakhand governor
Dehradun: Senior Congress leader and
former Union minister Margaret Alva on Thursday took oath as
governor of Uttarakhand, becoming the first woman to hold the
post in the state.
Chief Justice B K Gupta administered Alva the oath of
office and secrecy in Hindi at the Raj Bhavan.
A host of dignitaries including Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank, his Cabinet colleagues and senior state
officials were present at the function.
Later talking to reporters she said her priority will
be to protect the state`s cultural heritage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions