Amandeep settles for silver in Asian Boxing C`ship
Incheon: India`s hopes of bagging a gold at the Asian Boxing Championships were dashed as Amandeep Singh lost to local pugilist Shin Jong Hun in the 49kg summit clash on Friday.
Amandeep, the Commonwealth Games bronze-medallist, lost 11:18 to the South Korean to settle for a silver.
The 25-year-old Punjab boxer was the lone Indian to have made it to the finals of the Championship.
Shin, a bronze medallist at 2009 AIBA World Championship, made an aggressive start, not giving Amandeep chances to score. The Indian managed to throw in a few straight punches and he was down by just a point at 4:5 after the opening three minutes of action.
The South Korean though kept increasing the margin with his body blows and short jabs. In the end Amandeep lost the yellow metal by 11:18 on points.
India ended the Asian Championships with one silver and two bronze medals.
2010 Commonwealth champion Paramjeet Samota (91kg) and 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games gold medallist Balwinder Beniwal (64kg) had to settle for a bronze medal each after losing in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday