Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week
San Francisco: US online retail giant Amazon announced Thursday that it has been selling over one million Kindle devices per week for the third week in a row.
According to the company`s press release, Kindle Fire, Amazon`s latest tablet computer, has been the No.1 bestselling product on Amazon.com since its launch 11 weeks ago.
The company noted Kindle Fire is the most successful product it has ever launched and is "building millions more to meet the high demand", reported Xinhua.
Amazon issued the statement after Kindle Fire has been criticized by some consumers and product reviewers for performance issues, such as speed of web browser, poor scrolling, and lack of security as well as parent control.
Last Sunday, Amazon told the New York Times that it will release a software update for Kindle Fire in less than two weeks to address those issues.
Backed by Amazon`s content and commerce assets, the $199 Kindle Fire has been considered as one of the most promising candidates to shake the dominance of Apple`s iPad in the tablet market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda