Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week
San Francisco: US online retail giant Amazon announced Thursday that it has been selling over one million Kindle devices per week for the third week in a row.
According to the company`s press release, Kindle Fire, Amazon`s latest tablet computer, has been the No.1 bestselling product on Amazon.com since its launch 11 weeks ago.
The company noted Kindle Fire is the most successful product it has ever launched and is "building millions more to meet the high demand", reported Xinhua.
Amazon issued the statement after Kindle Fire has been criticized by some consumers and product reviewers for performance issues, such as speed of web browser, poor scrolling, and lack of security as well as parent control.
Last Sunday, Amazon told the New York Times that it will release a software update for Kindle Fire in less than two weeks to address those issues.
Backed by Amazon`s content and commerce assets, the $199 Kindle Fire has been considered as one of the most promising candidates to shake the dominance of Apple`s iPad in the tablet market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday