Ambani, Pawar, Deshmukh, Tendulkar among early voters
Mumbai: Union Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, industrialist Anil Ambani, Mumbai Police chief D Sivanandan and BCCI chief Shashank Manohar were among the early voters in the Maharashtra Assembly polls on Tuesday.
Pawar and his daughter Supriya Sule, accompanied by supporters, cast their vote in a polling station in hometown Baramati in Pune district.
"Our focus will be on overall development of the state and providing a stable government. People think that Shiv Sena-BJP alliance won`t be able to run the government. Price rise will not affect us," Pawar said after exercising his franchise.
Deshmukh, who cast his vote with family members at native village Babhalgaon in Latur district, said the Congress-NCP alliance will reach the `magic` figure to form the government.
"Youth voters form 60 percent of total votes. We have a number of youth candidates. We are expecting a good number of votes," Deshmukh said.
Sivanandan said, "Vote is always for someone who gives us security. We should vote for those who don`t create fear among the people. I voted on these grounds."
Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, daughter Praniti Shinde, a candidate from Solapur, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, Bollywood actor Rahul Bose and BJP candidate Poonam Mahajan were among others who cast their vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar