Amethi: Rahul`s charisma put to test
New Delhi: With at least three Assembly
constituencies falling under the Amethi parliamentary seat
going to polls on Wednesday, the third phase of polling in Uttar
Pradesh will put to test the charisma of Rahul Gandhi, who
represents the Lok Sabha seat.
Three assembly constituencies of Jagdishpur, Gauriganj
and Amethi go to polls tomorrow in the third phase of polling.
While Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and his
sister Priyanka Gandhi have both been campaigning hectically
in Amethi, it has to be seen if their efforts have borne fruit
in the Gandhi stronghold.
The Amethi parliamentary seat has been a Gandhi
stronghold -- earlier represented by Sanjay Gandhi, Rajiv
Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
The third phase would see polling in 10 districts for 56
seats, where more than 1.75 crore voters are expected to cast
their votes to seal the fate of 1018 candidates. The polling
will be held in CSM Nagar, Sultanpur, Kaushambi, Allahabad,
Jaunpur, Chandauli, Varanasi, Sant Ravidas Nagar, Mirzapur and
Sonbhadra amid tight security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'