Amit Shah wins from Naranpura in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Amit Shah, former Gujarat minister of state for home and an accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati staged shootout cases, won from his constituency, officials said.
Shah, who contested from Naranpura constituency in Ahmedabad, won by over 30,000 votes. Last time, he won from the Sarkhej Assembly constituency, with a margin of over 2.50 lakh votes.
Known to be a close aide of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Shah has returned to Gujarat after a gap of two years on the Supreme Court`s clearance after it had banished him from the state.
Although there were 10 candidates contesting for the Naranpura seat, it was a direct fight between Shah and Jeetubhai Patel of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch