Amitabh Bachchan extends support to Hazare
Mumbai: Extending his support to noted social
activist Anna Hazare`s fight against corruption, Bollywood
megastar Amitabh Bachchan Friday said he will always back
issues that "benefit the nation" and also called upon the
media to commit themselves to the cause.
"I shall always be supportive of any issue which benefits
the nation. I do not have to preach and shout out my
allegiance towards my country from the roof top every day.
My loyalty is not up for questioning and is not most certainly
in a realm where it can be doubted," Bachchan wrote on his
Replying to a question posted on his blog, Bachchan,
who seemed to be hurt by the comments further said, "It is
painful to know that without having complete knowledge of the
matter from my end, she could assume factors which are not
existent. To state that I am busy and interested in earning my
money only and not concerned with matters of social interest,
is completely unacceptable and unfair."
"How many electronic (channels) have committed themselves
to the cause," he asked.
"Merely doing hourly reportages of it for their
commercial existence and putting questions to be answered by
others is a neat duck from putting their own foot into it. It
would impress me greatly if a `stringer` sent on a mission to
report the news were to drop the microphone, desist from
reporting and join in with the fast - something that they keep
asking us to do," the 68-year-old actor said.
"Whatever work or programmes benefit the nation...are
in the best of our country`s interest. I appreciate and
support it. Neither do we go around claiming credit for it nor
do we know how to do it," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?