Amitabh Bachchan extends support to Hazare
Mumbai: Extending his support to noted social
activist Anna Hazare`s fight against corruption, Bollywood
megastar Amitabh Bachchan Friday said he will always back
issues that "benefit the nation" and also called upon the
media to commit themselves to the cause.
"I shall always be supportive of any issue which benefits
the nation. I do not have to preach and shout out my
allegiance towards my country from the roof top every day.
My loyalty is not up for questioning and is not most certainly
in a realm where it can be doubted," Bachchan wrote on his
Replying to a question posted on his blog, Bachchan,
who seemed to be hurt by the comments further said, "It is
painful to know that without having complete knowledge of the
matter from my end, she could assume factors which are not
existent. To state that I am busy and interested in earning my
money only and not concerned with matters of social interest,
is completely unacceptable and unfair."
"How many electronic (channels) have committed themselves
to the cause," he asked.
"Merely doing hourly reportages of it for their
commercial existence and putting questions to be answered by
others is a neat duck from putting their own foot into it. It
would impress me greatly if a `stringer` sent on a mission to
report the news were to drop the microphone, desist from
reporting and join in with the fast - something that they keep
asking us to do," the 68-year-old actor said.
"Whatever work or programmes benefit the nation...are
in the best of our country`s interest. I appreciate and
support it. Neither do we go around claiming credit for it nor
do we know how to do it," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!