Ana Ivanovic confirmed for Sydney International
Sydney: Grand Slam champion Ana Ivanovic will play in next January`s Sydney International, according to organisers.
The former world number one joins US Open champion Kim Clijsters and Australia`s world number six Samantha Stosur in the women`s draw for the January 9 to 15 tournament.
The former French Open champion, 23, is ranked 17th on the WTA Tour after impressive late season performances, winning titles in Linz and the season-ending Tournament of Champions in Bali.
Defending champion Marcos Baghdatis and former US Open winner Juan Martin del Potro are confirmed for the men`s tournament at the Sydney International.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam