Anand Sharma sees GDP growth accelerating in 2010
Beijing: India`s gross domestic product growth is expected to accelerate in 2010 from 2009, Minister of Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma said on Tuesday.
Speaking at a forum in Beijing, Sharma asserted that the country`s exports recovery is sustainable, but he called for greater access for Indian goods in China in the face of a widening bilateral trade gap.
Bilateral trade between the two giants has grown rapidly, making China India`s second-largest trading partner.
"We have an imbalance, a gap in trade, which we need to meaningfully address," Sharma told the forum.
He called for more Chinese direct investment in India, especially in infrastructure, while noting that Indian firms are already present in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter