Ancient human relics
Pyongyang: North Korean archaeologists
have claimed to find what appears to be the oldest relics of a
Homo Sapiens in East Asia.
Scientists found the relics at the Chonbadae limestone
cave in Hwanghae-bukdo province of North Hwanghae, Korean
Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.
During excavation, the scientists found seven fragments
of bones that used to belong to five different human species.
They found stone tools including cutters, choppers, scrapers
and prods of the Palaeolithic era.
Experts from the Kim Il Sung University said the Hwangdu
man lived 60,000 to 40,000 years ago. The cave is not far from
the Black Anvil Paleolithic site, the oldest architectural
monument on Korean Peninsula.
North Korean media claimed that the find proves that
people would settle in the Taedong River basin with Pyongyang
in centre right from the beginning facilitating an authentic
North Korean historians have been actively developing the
idea of a separate Taedong culture as one of the cradles of
human civilization as of the second half of the 1990`s.
The fundamental postulation of this theory regards the
Pyongyang area not only as a homeland of Korean statehood but
also as one of the places of humankind`s emergence.
The first proto-Korean state - the Ancient Chosun - was
founded here at the beginning of 3rd millennium BC, they say.
The grave of the legendary founding father, Tangun Wanggom was
discovered in 1993 under the responsive guidance of President
Kim Il Sung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH