Ancient public baths
Washington: A team of archaeologists has unearthed cemeteries, public baths and other archaeological discoveries in Daraa city, Southern Syria.
According to the Global Arab Network, Wafa al-Audi, head of Bosra’s Antiquities Department, said that an ancient tomb was unearthed in a house for a citizen in Daraa dating back to Byzantine Era where three copper bracelets, an iron one in addition to some shards.
Other four tombs with basaltic ground and a stone gate were also found at the same site.
Surveys made by a French archaeological mission uncovered the northern part of the Nabataean Cathedral in Bosra while other surveys unearthed some parts of Trajan Palace’s private bath.
National expedition continued its work in Bosra uncovering bathhouses in an attempt to know its chronological development.
At the site of Kherbet-hamha, foundations of monks’ building, oil-presses and fluid reservoirs were found in addition to some shards of pottery which indicate that they belong to the era from 500 to 700 AD.
Three coins dating back to the Roman Era, metal tools and broken pipes dating back to the Ottoman Era were unearthed at Tal-alashari site.
Head of al-Sanamen Antiquity Department Eyad al-Farwan said that archaeologists found a Roman tomb comprising a skeleton of a 20-year old man and a coin belonging to the same era next to him at the site of Selmine.
In the town of Jedia, an excavation mission found four tombs dating back to the Roman and Byzantine Eras that contain bracelets, coins and bronze shards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory