‘Andean bomber’ Pizarro sets Bundesliga record
Moenchengladbach: Werder Bremen’s Peruvian international Claudio Pizarro became the leading foreign striker in the Bundesliga when he netted his 134th goal in his team’s 4-1 win at Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
The 32-year-old, nicknamed ‘the Andean bomber’, surpassed the 133 goals scored by Brazilian Giovane Elber for Bayern Munich and VfB Stuttgart between 1994 and 2003.
Pizarro started his Bundesliga career in Bremen in 1999 and also played for Bayern and Chelsea before re-joining Werder in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss