‘Andean bomber’ Pizarro sets Bundesliga record
Moenchengladbach: Werder Bremen’s Peruvian international Claudio Pizarro became the leading foreign striker in the Bundesliga when he netted his 134th goal in his team’s 4-1 win at Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
The 32-year-old, nicknamed ‘the Andean bomber’, surpassed the 133 goals scored by Brazilian Giovane Elber for Bayern Munich and VfB Stuttgart between 1994 and 2003.
Pizarro started his Bundesliga career in Bremen in 1999 and also played for Bayern and Chelsea before re-joining Werder in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country