Andhra CM goes `powerless` for 20 minutes
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah was today caught in a rather embarrassing situation
in his own office.
A 20-minute power breakdown left the Chief Minister
not only embarrassed, but also red-faced, that too in the
company of visiting US Ambassador Timothy J Roemer, an aide of
the Chief Minister said.
As Rosaiah, who also holds the energy portfolio, reached
Samatha Block in the state Secretariat, there was a sudden
breakdown forcing the CM to wait for the supply to be restored
to get into the elevator and reach his chamber on the sixth
floor of the building.
Ironically, the generator attached to Samatha Block,
which also houses the Chief Secretary`s chamber too did not
work, the CM`s aide added.
With no trace of power supply being restored, Rosaiah
walked into the dingy media point and sat on a rusty iron
chair. By then his aides realised the gravity of the situation
and tried in vain to get the electricity restored.
At the same time, Roemer too arrived. With power supply
still off, the US envoy too was forced to take a seat beside
Rosaiah and count the minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth