Anil Ambani discusses Sasan project with Power Secy
New Delhi: Business tycoon Anil Ambani today
met Power Secretary H S Brahma and is believed to have had
discussions regarding the 4,000 MW coal-based ultra mega power
project at Sasan in Madhya Pradesh.
Anil`s group firm Reliance Power is currently executing
the Sasan project in Madhya Pradesh that the company bagged
through the international competitive bidding process in 2007.
The company is apparently facing some land acquisition
problems in the state and is understood to have discussed the
same with the Power Secretary.
The company achieved the financial closure for this
project in April this year and the first 800 MW unit of the
project is likely to come up during the current XIth Five Year
Plan Period (2007-12).
The coal for this project would come from Moher,
Moher-Amlohri extension and Chhatrasal coal blocks allocated
Reliance Power is also developing two such projects in
Andhra Pradesh (Krishnapatnam) and Jharkhand (Tilaiya). These
UMPPs require an investment of about Rs 18,000 crore per
Sasan UMPP is one of the four such projects allotted by
the government. The Power Ministry plans to allot three more
UMPPs in this financial year (2009-10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age
- Curfew, restrictions imposed to prevent protests in Kashmir
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby