Anil Ambani`s RInfra awarded Mumbai Metro-II project
Mumbai: Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group company
Reliance Infrastructure on Tuesday said it has been awarded the Rs
11,000-crore Mumbai Metro-II project on a BOT basis.
The project is for a concession period of 35 years with
an extension clause of another 10 years, the company said
in a statement.
"We are happy to win Mumbai Metro-II, which is the third
project that Reliance Infrastructure has won in a row. We are
confident of developing this project within 5 years from the
date of financial closure," Reliance Infrastructure CEO and
Whole-time Director Lalit Jalan said.
The company had earlier been awarded Mumbai Metro-I
(Versova-Andheri-Gatkopar corridor) and Delhi Airport Express
Scheduled to be operational by 2015, Mumbai Metro II
would provide a link between Navi Mumbai and the western
suburbs, connecting Charkop in the north to Bandra and to
Mankhurd in the east.
The length of the project is 32 kilometres and it would
have 27 stations en-route.
The project has been awarded by Mumbai Metropolitan
Region Development Authority (MMRDA) through an international
competitive bidding process.
Reliance Infrastructure has won the project in consortium
with SNC Lavolin Inc, Canada, and Reliance Communication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information