Anjum to lead in Asian Women`s Champions Trophy
New Delhi: Striker Saba Anjum will lead a 18-member Indian women`s hockey squad in the second Asian Champions Trophy to be held at Ordos, China from September 3-11.
The squad was named on Tuesday after trials held at Bhopal and attended by Hockey India selectors Col Balbir Singh, B P Govinda, Rekha Bhide and Rajbir Kaur, besides government observer Dilip Tirkey.
The top four teams from the Asian Games held at Guangzhou last year are participating in the competition. Besides India, the other three teams in the tournament are China, South Korea and Japan.
India play South Korea in their first match on September 4 before taking on Japan on September 6 and China on September 8. The final is slated for September 10.
Goalkeepers: Yogita Bali, Savita.
Defenders: Joydeep Kaur, Jaspreet Kaur, Th Pinki Devi.
Midfielders: Ritu Rani, Asunta Lakra, Kirandeep Kaur, Mukta Prava Barla, Deepika, Kiran Dahiya.
Forwards: Saba Anjum (Captain), Jaspreet Kaur Handa, Poonam Rani, Vandana Kataria, Rani, Th Anuradha Devi, Soundarya Yendala.
Standbys: Rajani Etimarpu (Goalkeeper), Preety Sunila Kiro (Defender), M N Ponnamma (Midfielder), Sushila Chanu (Midfielder), Deep Grace Ekka (Midfielder), Roselin Dung Dung (Forward), Lilima Minz (Forward), Rashmi Singh (Forward).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites