Annigeri skulls are 638 years old: Lab report
Dharwad: Hundreds of skulls unearthed in Annigeri town in this district some months ago are 638 years old, the Carbon-14 dating test on the samples
The test was conducted by a Bhubaneswar laboratory, where the district administration had sent two sample skulls for such an analysis, Dharwad District Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain said this week.
Head of the lab, Prof DP Mahapatra, has sent the test report which said they were 638 years old, he said.
About 600 skulls in neatly laid rows were unearthed while drains were being dug on the outskirts of Annigeri town in September last year and during February-March this year.
The area was then declared as a protected area. Jain said a report of the Archaeological Survey of India, which is expected to throw light on how these skulls came to be buried there, is expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition