Annigeri skulls are 638 years old: Lab report
Dharwad: Hundreds of skulls unearthed in Annigeri town in this district some months ago are 638 years old, the Carbon-14 dating test on the samples
The test was conducted by a Bhubaneswar laboratory, where the district administration had sent two sample skulls for such an analysis, Dharwad District Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain said this week.
Head of the lab, Prof DP Mahapatra, has sent the test report which said they were 638 years old, he said.
About 600 skulls in neatly laid rows were unearthed while drains were being dug on the outskirts of Annigeri town in September last year and during February-March this year.
The area was then declared as a protected area. Jain said a report of the Archaeological Survey of India, which is expected to throw light on how these skulls came to be buried there, is expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi