Annigeri skulls are 638 years old: Lab report
Dharwad: Hundreds of skulls unearthed in Annigeri town in this district some months ago are 638 years old, the Carbon-14 dating test on the samples
The test was conducted by a Bhubaneswar laboratory, where the district administration had sent two sample skulls for such an analysis, Dharwad District Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain said this week.
Head of the lab, Prof DP Mahapatra, has sent the test report which said they were 638 years old, he said.
About 600 skulls in neatly laid rows were unearthed while drains were being dug on the outskirts of Annigeri town in September last year and during February-March this year.
The area was then declared as a protected area. Jain said a report of the Archaeological Survey of India, which is expected to throw light on how these skulls came to be buried there, is expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog