Ansari given parole to campaign for UP polls
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted
custody parole till February 9 to mafia don-turned-politician
Mukhtar Ansari for campaigning in coming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly elections in which he is a candidate.
"The applicant is contesting the election from Mau
constituency and Gosi constituency scheduled to be held on
February 11. The applicant as stated is also the sitting MLA
of Mau constituency, UP. Since the applicant has been found
eligible to contest the election from Mau constituency and Gosi
constituency, he is accordingly granted the custody parole
from January 31 to February 9," Additional Sessions Judge
Savita Rao said.
The court, while directing proper security for Ansari
during the campaigning, also directed him to bear all the
expenses incurred for his security.
"The applicant shall not misutilise this period of
custody parole to threaten the witnesses of the case or try to
tamper with the evidence," the court said.
Ansari is lodged in Agra jail for his alleged role in the
2005 murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai.
He is facing trial along with alleged gangster Munna
Bajrangi and his associates Miraz Ahmed and Iftikar Ahmad in a
case under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!