AP Cong leaders meet Sonia to discuss youth wing drive
New Delhi: Two Andhra Pradesh Congress
leaders today met party president Sonia Gandhi here to discuss
the youth Congress membership drive in Southern states
including Tamil Nadu.
During the meeting, the MP, G Vivekanandan, and
former minister, G Vinod, told Gandhi that Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Tamil Nadu had been a great
success and there was a tremendous response from the youth of
Vivekanandan and Vinod told reporters at their
residence here that during the course of the meeting, Gandhi
had enquired about the health and well being of former Andhra
Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s family following
his sudden demise.
Vivekanandan said that he and Vinod also apprised
Gandhi about the present political situation in the state and
expectation of the party workers to install YSR`s son
Jaganmohan Reddy as state`s Chief Minister.
"Congress president also took note of Jagan`s
capabilities and appreciated the manner in which he is taking
care of his Lok Sabha constituency," Vivekanandan said.
Vinod also pointed out that Gandhi has promised to
take a quick decision on the leadership issue in Andhra
Pradesh at the party`s core committee meeting after she gets
free from the Haryana and Maharashtra assembly polls
To a question whether there was any indication on the
leadership issue, the two Andhra Pradesh leaders said, "Sonia
Gandhi is considering all options."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra