AP Congress leaders meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress
Committee chief K Keshava Rao, who is not to enthused by
the open campaign for making Y S Jaganmohan Reddy as the next
Chief Minister of the state met party President Sonia Gandhi
A Lok Sabha member, Vundavalli Arun Kumar, a supporter
of the late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and who
supports the campaign backing his son for the post, also
called on her.
Obviously disapproving the open campaign for
Jaganmohan, Rao said, "none should pressurise the High Command.
The High Command will the decision based on the views of
MLAs." A couple of days ago, Rao had in Hyderabad criticised
attempts at "dynastic succession".
The party has disapproved the open campaign by
Jaganmohan`s supporters and has said that it will apply its
mind on the leadership issue after the mourning period is over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!