AP Congress leaders meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress
Committee chief K Keshava Rao, who is not to enthused by
the open campaign for making Y S Jaganmohan Reddy as the next
Chief Minister of the state met party President Sonia Gandhi
A Lok Sabha member, Vundavalli Arun Kumar, a supporter
of the late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and who
supports the campaign backing his son for the post, also
called on her.
Obviously disapproving the open campaign for
Jaganmohan, Rao said, "none should pressurise the High Command.
The High Command will the decision based on the views of
MLAs." A couple of days ago, Rao had in Hyderabad criticised
attempts at "dynastic succession".
The party has disapproved the open campaign by
Jaganmohan`s supporters and has said that it will apply its
mind on the leadership issue after the mourning period is over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption