AP govt signs MoU with private hospitals to treat swine flu
Hyderabad: The State Government has signed a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with private hospitals
including Apollo Hospitals and Global here for allocating ten
beds for treatment of swine flu patients.
According to the District Health and Medical Officer
(DHMO) of Hyderabad, Dr Jayakumari, as per the MOU the private
hospitals will allocate ten beds for swine flu patients.
Meanwhile, 417 persons were today screened at the eight
screening centres and five persons have displayed suspected
flu like symptoms. There samples have been sent to the
Institute of Preventive Medicine for test.
Superintendent of AP Chest Hospital, Dr S V Prasad, said,
a total of four cases were presently under treatment at the
hospital. They include two confirmed cases and two suspects,
awaiting reports. All others have been treated and sent home,
Asserting that the new guidelines were helping the
hospital to take care of serious patients better, Dr Prasad
said there was no need for people to wear masks. However,
people suffering from cough and cold should sport a mask and
not others, he advised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why