Apple asks Amazon not to sell iPad in China
New York: Apple has asked online retailer Amazon.com to stop selling the iPad in China, according to a published report.
The Wall Street Journal said Thursday that Apple pulled the iPad 2 from websites of some unauthorized merchants in China. This includes Amazon.com Inc.`s Chinese site.
The report comes amid an escalating trademark dispute between Apple and a company that claims it owns the iPad name in China.
Apple confirmed that Amazon is not an authorized reseller of the iPad. The online retailer is only authorized to sell the iPhone and the iPod. In the U.S., though, the iPad was still available for sale through Amazon as of Thursday.
Amazon says it does not comment on relationships with vendors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez