Apple chief is the `smartest CEO`
New York: Apple`s iconic chief Steve Jobs has emerged as the `smartest CEO` in the field of technology, says Fortune, which has published a list of `50 smartest people in tech`.
According to Fortune, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Demand
Media CEO Richard Rosenblatt, Alibaba Group CEO Jack Ma and Dendreon CEO Mitch Gold lag behind as runners-up in the `smartest CEO` category.
"Jobs is a pop culture icon like no other business executive," the magazine said, adding, "He is a visionary, a micromanager and a showman who creates such anticipation around new products that their releases are veritable holidays."
The magazine further said, "When Steve Jobs returned to Apple in 1997 after a 12-year exile, the company was close to bankruptcy. Thirteen years later, it has a market cap of USD250 billion and is the world`s most valuable tech company, transforming whole industries along the way."
The smart iPhone maker also made its mark in the field of designing with the lead designer at Apple, Jonathan Ive, gaining the top spot in the `smartest designer` category.
Fortune`s list incorporates several categories such as designers, analysts, engineers, academics, hybrids, investors, founders, executives and scientists.
"None of Fortune`s smartest get by on brains alone. They are disciplined, hard-driven perfectionists," the magazine said.
In addition, other prominent persons on the list were Google`s Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Facebook`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Netscape`s Marc Andreessen.
The list of `50 smartest people` was compiled by 100 advisors and experts, who were asked for nominations, followed by analysts` evaluation of each nominee`s contributions in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!