Apple chief is the `smartest CEO`
New York: Apple`s iconic chief Steve Jobs has emerged as the `smartest CEO` in the field of technology, says Fortune, which has published a list of `50 smartest people in tech`.
According to Fortune, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Demand
Media CEO Richard Rosenblatt, Alibaba Group CEO Jack Ma and Dendreon CEO Mitch Gold lag behind as runners-up in the `smartest CEO` category.
"Jobs is a pop culture icon like no other business executive," the magazine said, adding, "He is a visionary, a micromanager and a showman who creates such anticipation around new products that their releases are veritable holidays."
The magazine further said, "When Steve Jobs returned to Apple in 1997 after a 12-year exile, the company was close to bankruptcy. Thirteen years later, it has a market cap of USD250 billion and is the world`s most valuable tech company, transforming whole industries along the way."
The smart iPhone maker also made its mark in the field of designing with the lead designer at Apple, Jonathan Ive, gaining the top spot in the `smartest designer` category.
Fortune`s list incorporates several categories such as designers, analysts, engineers, academics, hybrids, investors, founders, executives and scientists.
"None of Fortune`s smartest get by on brains alone. They are disciplined, hard-driven perfectionists," the magazine said.
In addition, other prominent persons on the list were Google`s Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Facebook`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Netscape`s Marc Andreessen.
The list of `50 smartest people` was compiled by 100 advisors and experts, who were asked for nominations, followed by analysts` evaluation of each nominee`s contributions in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani