Apple founding document auctioned for $1.59 mn
New York: A document that established Apple Computer Co. has been auctioned off at Sotheby`s in New York for $1.59 million, Sotheby`s said in a press release.
The three-page contract, signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne April 1, 1976, had a pre-sale estimate of $100,000-150,000.
Some 30 potential buyers were bidding for the document and the lot eventually went to Eduardo Cisneros, chief executive officer of Cisneros Corp.
Throughout its 35-year history, Apple, one of the pioneers on the personal computer market, has retained its technological and designer edge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday