Apple founding document auctioned for $1.59 mn
New York: A document that established Apple Computer Co. has been auctioned off at Sotheby`s in New York for $1.59 million, Sotheby`s said in a press release.
The three-page contract, signed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne April 1, 1976, had a pre-sale estimate of $100,000-150,000.
Some 30 potential buyers were bidding for the document and the lot eventually went to Eduardo Cisneros, chief executive officer of Cisneros Corp.
Throughout its 35-year history, Apple, one of the pioneers on the personal computer market, has retained its technological and designer edge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress