Apple planning to launch $200-$250 7-inch iPad in October: Report
London: Tech giant Apple is reportedly planning to launch a smaller-seven-inch version of the iPad in October this year.
Apple blog iMore quoted sources as saying, that the seven-inch iPad will have the same screen resolution as the new iPad and would sell for 200-250 dollars.
“Our sources have indicated, however, that the 7-inch iPad will be identical to the current 9.7-inch iPad, just scaled down,” Rene Ritchie, of iMore, wrote.
“That seems to include a 2048x1536 resolution display, just like the new iPad. If accurate, that would put the pixel density at around 326 ppi, the same as the iPhone 4S (and higher than the 264 ppi new iPad) retina display,” Ritchie added.
According to the Telegraph, iMore has a good record of publishing Apple rumours that turn out to be accurate.
The move could also be a response to Amazon``s Kindle Fire, a seven-inch tablet that sells in America for 199 dollars.
According to the paper, the suggested timing would also allow Apple to head off the impending competition from Microsoft``s Windows 8 tablets, which are due to appear this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites