Apple`s iOS garners more support from developers over Android
New Delhi: As competition between Apple`s iOS and Google`s Android heat up, Flurry Analytics has found that iOS continues to attract greater support from app developers, despite Android`s commanding 50.8 percent of the smartphone market share.
Flurry Analytics found that, every 10 apps that developers build, roughly seven are made for iOS while only three are for Android. “While Google made some gains in Q1 2012, edging up to over 30% for the first time in a year, we believe this is largely due to seasonality, as Apple traditionally experiences a spike in developer support leading up to the holiday season,” Flurry Analytics explained. “Apple`s business has more observable seasonality,” it added.
App authors can also expect a greater payout from iOS compared to Android, with Apple`s mobile operating system delivering developers four times the revenue as their Android counterpart per user, Flurry found.
According to the report, one key reason for Apple`s popularity with developers is its dominance in the tablet market. Notably, Apple`s iPad accounted for 88 percent of all tablet market in the first five months of 2012, followed by Samsung`s Galaxy Tab with 9 percent and Amazon`s Kindle Fire with 3 percent.
“Apple offers the most compelling `build once, run anywhere` value proposition in the market today, delivering maximum consumer reach to developers reach for minimal cost,” Flurry analyst Peter Farago wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda