Archer Deepika Kumari felicitated
Ranchi: India’s emerging archer Deepika Kumari was today felicitated by Jharkhand Governor for her gold medal winning performance in the 11th Youth World Archery Championship at Ogden.
Felicitating Kumari, the Governor K Sankaranarayanan said he was proud of her world conquering performance which “reinforced Jharkhand’s distinguished sporting record in the country”.
On July 19, the 15-year-old Ranchi girl had won gold.
Inaugurating Birsa Munda Stadium here, the Governor also felicitated AL Lakra for winning a bronze in the World Senior Boxing championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players