Archer Deepika wants tips from Tendulkar
New Delhi: It is not just budding cricketers
who want to take tips from Sachin Tendulkar as Commonwealth
Games gold medallist archer Deepika Kumari wants to have a
chat with the iconic Indian batsman to know the secret of his
over two-decade old consistency at the international level.
"I have been a Tendulkar fan since I was a kid and I
consider him my role model. It is my desire to meet him and
have a long chat with him," Deepika told reporters.
"He has been playing for the past 20 years and I want to
know the secret of his longevity. I want to take tips of
discipline and the zeal to play from him because like cricket,
it is very important to be focussed and disciplined in
archery. And there can be no better person than Tendulkar to
guide me on this," she said.
Now training for the upcoming Asian Games, Deepika said
she would look to strike gold in the November 12 to 27 event
in Guangzhou, China even though the lack of acclimatisation
time might affect her performance.
"I have been practicing hard but then I would be getting
very less time to get acclimatised which would have an impact
on my performance," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission