Archer Deepika wants tips from Tendulkar
New Delhi: It is not just budding cricketers
who want to take tips from Sachin Tendulkar as Commonwealth
Games gold medallist archer Deepika Kumari wants to have a
chat with the iconic Indian batsman to know the secret of his
over two-decade old consistency at the international level.
"I have been a Tendulkar fan since I was a kid and I
consider him my role model. It is my desire to meet him and
have a long chat with him," Deepika told reporters.
"He has been playing for the past 20 years and I want to
know the secret of his longevity. I want to take tips of
discipline and the zeal to play from him because like cricket,
it is very important to be focussed and disciplined in
archery. And there can be no better person than Tendulkar to
guide me on this," she said.
Now training for the upcoming Asian Games, Deepika said
she would look to strike gold in the November 12 to 27 event
in Guangzhou, China even though the lack of acclimatisation
time might affect her performance.
"I have been practicing hard but then I would be getting
very less time to get acclimatised which would have an impact
on my performance," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda