Archery Association mail account hacked
New Delhi: Archery Association of India`s official mail account was hacked two days back and fake messages were sent to all the IDs available in the address book demanding money and other monetary help which led the AAI to issue a clarification.
The hacker`s skillful work left AAI officials to utter shock as they could not even operate their account for two days to inform all about this fraudulent mail.
Not denying the possibility of the misuse by the hacker, association today got its act together and shot off a letter to issue the clarification.
"As you are aware that Archery Association of India has a mailing id account in yahoo and the login id is firstname.lastname@example.org. The said email id has been hacked by fraudster/hacker two days back and a fake mail/message has been sent to all mailing ids available in address book demanding money and other monetary help.”
"Due to this reason, we could not even operate our account to inform all of you about this mail. Though necessary security measures have been taken but the possibility of the misuse of mailing id cannot be denied.”
"All are requested not to believe on such unnamed, false and fraudulent mails and not to take any action not only this time but in future also," said the statement issued by AAI.
AAI Assistant Secretary Gunjan Abrol told reporters that the possibility of some person involved with archery cannot be ruled out.
"This is ridiculous. We were left helpless by the hacker as we couldn`t operate our account for two days. Our expectation is some Archery person is involved in this and he has done it with some vested interest," Abrol said.
Few days back, I had also received a similar mail from Indonesian Archery Federation demanding monetary help. When I contacted them, it turned out to be false and fraudulent," Abrol added.
A news agency also received one such mail from the hacker, which reads, "Hope you get this on time? Sorry I didn`t inform you about my trip in the UK for a programme, I`m presently in Surrey and am having some difficulties here because I misplaced my wallet in which my money and other valuable things were there on my way to the hotel.”
"Presently my passport and my things are been held down by the hotel management pending when I make payment. I will like you to assist me with a loan of (1450 British Pounds) to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.”
"I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with. I`ll refund the money back to you as soon as I return. I don`t have a phone where I can be reached. Please let me know immediately. Hope to hear from you soon," said the mail.
Mail was sent by the hacked official id of the federation -- email@example.com with the subject line of "Your help is needed please".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing