Arg. asst. coach satisfied with practice sessions
Kolkata: The three-member team led by Argentine assistant coach Julian Camino on Friday appeared to be satisfied after inspection of Mohun Bagan ground which will be the practice venue ahead of his country`s international friendly against Venezuela on September 2.
The former defender who donned Argentina jersey in early 80`s and also represented East Bengal in 1988, Camino along with Pernas Oscar Alberto and Martin Rodrigo arrived this morning and set off for Mohun Bagan ground in the afternoon.
They appeared to be happy, even as the main inspection of the venue at Yuba Bharati Krirangan will be done on Friday, Bhaswar Goswami, assistant director of Celebrity Management Group, the organisers of the FIFA friendly, said.
"They took various notes, clicked photos. They had later enquired about the security aspects as they don`t want any lapse there. They also wanted to know about the dining pattern. They appeared extremely satisfied," Goswami said.
Lionel Messi and Co are expected to arrive along with their opponents on August 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns